Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 12:03:47 -0500
From:      "Mike Avery" <mavery@mail.otherwhen.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on c|Net

On 28 May 99, at 11:04, Andrew I. Arbuckle wrote:

> You might also add that in many cities, the offer of a tax break to
> restore the older property is a very nice incentive.

True.

And in many cities it's not easy to get a permit to demolish and re-
build.  All the more so if the house has a historical marker on it.

Having lived in a restored house, I think I'd prefer a more modern
house.  Old pipes break at the oddest of times.  And when you try to
fix 'em, more pipes crack and give way.  Kinda reminds me of an old
bill of materials/factory information system I once was coerced
into working on....

Mike

Mike

Mike Avery                            MAvery@mail.otherwhen.com
                                          (409)-842-2942 (work)
                                                  ICQ: 16241692

* Spam is for lusers who can't get business any other way *

A Randomly Selected Thought For The Day:
I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them.  -- Isaac Asimov