Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:42:35 +0200
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxtv, G450, & DGA anyone?

Hi.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 10:53:08PM -0400, Randall Hopper wrote:
> Before I dig into this, anybody had success with a G450, fxtv, and DGA
> (direct video mode)?
>
> Looks fine if I disable direct video, but I get no update at all when it's
> on (the TV card's not DMAing where it's supposed to...; not good).

Which X? While I do nothing special when starting fxtv and the pictures
is just fine while no window partially overlays fxtv, I guess DGA is
working. If there's another window over fxtv partially I only get part
of the picture (this means: not even the whole visible part of fxtv's
window is correctly filled).

System: 4.3-STABLE, XFree86-4 4.0.3_3 from the ports, Matrox G450

I get problems when using Xinerama with both outputs of the card, but I
cannot correctly decribe them now, as I only tried it once some time
ago.

Greetings, Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | http://www.obh.snafu.de/~ob/ |