Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:23:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Adam Maloney <adamm@sihope.com>
To:        James Godwin <james@organicwire.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anti Virus for mail server

We have had good luck with McAfee's unix product, and it's very reasonably
priced (even with support/upgrades).  I've never used anything else on the
unix side, so I can't offer a comparison, but it does precisely what we
need and does it fairly well.

I'm much more comfortable paying for A/V software, knowing that someone
somewhere is getting paid to update the virus definitions regularly
(versus the freebies available).  But again, I haven't used anything else
so I can't comment.

Note we do NOT scan all of our user's mail by default, so YMMV.