Date:      Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:43:46 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fcash-ml@sd73.bc.ca>
To:        swygue <swygue@gmail.com>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best Wireless Cards for laptop

On April 5, 2005 02:58 pm, swygue wrote:
> I want to know what PCMCIA wireless network cards works best with
> FreeBSD. Anyone has a favorite card that supports 11b and g ?

I'm having great experiences with a D-LINK DWL-G650 rev. B2, and a NetGEAR
WG511T rev. C.  These are Atheros-based cards, supporting 802.11b and
802.11g, along with the Atheros SuperG mode (108 Mbps).  Works okay with
WEP under FreeBSD 5.3, and with WPA under FreeBSD 6-CURRENT.

In general, the Atheros cards work best with FreeBSD 6-CURRENT.
--
Freddie Cash, CLCP CNCP            Network Support / Helpdesk
School District 73                 (250) 377-4357