Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:24:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Lu!s Croker <lcroker@unix.megared.net.mx>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Information  !!

> image in the camera, How I can do to send a streaming server... ?? What
> program I need to execute first?? Mpeg ?? how?? Thaks  for the help..

Many aspects. Well, seems you have the bandwidth. Install the
mpeg_encode package and read the manual. The parameter file is well
commented. You must have the netpbm package installed too. Then it is
easy, if you have TGA files, Premiere, blender etc..

This way you get MPEG Video *files*.

You can put them onto a webserver.

Then it gets tricky. You must get some kind of a player. And a metafile.
Read http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs106/ on MPEG Video filelists etc.

Good luck !! Sorry, I dont have a working windows solution. There are Real
and Apple with application/smil. Real can play MPEG Video on Windows. It
once did so here ;-) Apple did release QT 5 for Wintels, they say it can
play MPEG Video now. It did in some cases. It is all very buggy.

The best would be to use audio/x-mpegurl and m3u MPEG audio filelists
for Video as well. With the MS Media player. Never seen any problems.
But this isnt kosher with all the many audio only installations in the
world. IMHO.

So until MS supports MPEG Video filelists, you will have trouble.
Or write your own client.

H.