Date:      Sat, 19 Jan 2002 01:55:45 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>, hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Please let me know..

--E0GpUEom8qu4+vDz

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 01:02:15PM +1000, jason andrade wrote:
> downloads and testing.  if people need packages, they could either
> build them using the ports tree, or download them separately from
> the pacckages-4.5-release (aka packages-4-stable) tree.

   We really want users to test the package set along with the
release.  We provide snapshots for users who are only interested in
testing that their hardware works with a certain new feature.  The
release candidates are exactly that, and they are meant to allow our
users to provide input into the final packaging that will make up the
release.

   We've had significant problems with the interaction between our
installation tools and package set in the past, so this suggests to me
that we need more QA testing of full releases + package sets, not
less.

	- Murray

--E0GpUEom8qu4+vDz

--E0GpUEom8qu4+vDz--