Date:      Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:50:29 -0500
From:      Robin Smith <rasmith@aristotle.tamu.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.1-BETA2 on Latitude, xl problems

I recently upgraded my aging Dell Latitude (366MHz PII) to 5.1-BETA2.  Though
dmesg indicates the hardware's being detected, I can't seem to get my network
card up (3COM  3CCFEM656, which was a Dell OEM card).  I can talk to it with pciconf,
pcitweak, and scanpci, and it appears to take configuration from ifconfig; however,
netstat -r times out waiting to find the route.  FWIW, ifconfig does *not* seem to
read the card's MAC address (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)

My Zoom Telephonics 2975L PCMCIA Modem also has ceased working. Under 4.7-STABLE,
I had a little trouble with this, e.g., booting with the card in the slot would
cause a system hang until you removed the card.  Now, I get a kernel panic if I
insert the card at all.

Robin Smith
Department of Philosophy            rasmith@tamu.edu
Texas A&M University                Voice (979) 845-5696
College Station, TX 77843-4237      FAX   (979) 845-0458