Date:      Sun, 09 May 1999 07:01:46 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
Cc:        rmillian@rochester.rr.com (Rudynell Millian), freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best 3.0 to 3.1 upgrade path,...

I'm running four machines at 3.1 and one at 2.2.8 (no time to upgrade).
 Of the four 3.1 machines, three are extremely stable.  The fourth has
had very occasional problems when under heavy VM load since upgrading
to 3.1 -- e.g 3 lockups since Feb.  It also happens to be the fastest
(333 MHz compared to 150, 120, and 33 MHz).  I just applied the patches
listed in PR 8416.  We'll see what happens.

Open Systems Group          Internet:  Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca
ITSD                                   Cy.Schubert@gems8.gov.bc.ca
Province of BC
                      "e**(i*pi)+1=0"