Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:03:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec 1460 SlimSCSI woes....

I have access to a Adaptec SlimSCSI 1460 PC Card SCSI Adapter, That is what
the box says it is. On the card it says SlimSCSI 1460D.

I notice a entry for this in pccard.conf.sample:

# Adaptec SlimSCSI (also included with Sony CD-ROM players)
card "Adaptec, Inc." "APA-1460 SCSI Host Adapter"
        config  0x9 "aic0" ?
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s Adaptec Slim SCSI inserted
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s Adaptec Slim SCSI removed

But when I have this entry in pccard.conf and put the card in I get :

laptop pccardd[46]: No card in database for "Adaptec, Inc."("APA-1460 SCSI Host
Adapter")

in /var/log/messages. I know I have the pccard.conf set up right, as I use
other cards there, here is a copy of my entire pccard.conf:

----------------------------
# PCCARD configuration file
#
# Removing all IRQ conflicts from this file can't be done because of some
# IRQ-selfish PC-cards.  So if you want to use some of these cards in
# your machine, you will be forced to modify their IRQ parameters from
# the following list.
#
# IRQ == 0 means "allocate free IRQ from IRQ pool"
# IRQ == 16 means "do not use IRQ (e.g. PIO mode)"
#
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/pccard.conf.sample,v 1.85 2000/03/07 08:51:39 imp Exp $

# Generally available IO ports
io      0x240-0x360
# Generally available IRQs (Built-in sound-card owners remove 5)
irq     3 10 15
# Available memory slots
memory  0xd4000  96k

# 3Com Megahertz 574B
card "3Com" "Megahertz 574B"
        config  0x1 "ep0" 3 0x1
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s 3Com Megahertz 574B inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s 3Com Megahertz 574B removed
        remove  /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

# 3com/USR/Megahertz 3CCM556
card "3Com" "3CXM/3CCM556"
        config  0x23 "sio2" 9
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s 3Com PCMCIA 56K Modem inserted
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s 3Com PCMCIA 56K Modem removed

# Adaptec SlimSCSI (also included with Sony CD-ROM players)
card "Adaptec, Inc." "APA-1460 SCSI Host Adapter"
        config  0x9 "aic0" ?
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s Adaptec Slim SCSI inserted
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s Adaptec Slim SCSI removed

Someone want to give me a hint at what I am doing wrong?

This system is a IBM thinkpad running : 4.0-STABLE FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #0: Tue
Mar 14 08:57:03 PST 2000

E-Mail: bwoods2@uswest.net
Date: 14-Mar-00
Time: 11:02:15l