Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:55:44 -0500
From:      Peter Steele <psteele@maxiscale.com>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@kukulies.org>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: dd cloning  slightly different disks

Theoretically, doing a straight dd copy of one disk to another and then swa=
pping in that disk should work. I've done it, with no other tweaking needed=
. I've never done it with mixed OS instances on the same disk, or for that =
matter with a solid state drive. You'll lose the trailing 12GB of your disk=
, although you might be able to expand the last partition of whatever OS us=
es it to include this lost space....