Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 18:03:49 +0100
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Subject:   Re: [acpi-jp 1525] Re: ACPI causes immediate reboot [Omnibook 6100] ?

* Georg-W Koltermann (Georg.Koltermann@mscsoftware.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I CVSuped yesterday and still see the problem that was discussed in
> this thread, i.e. immediate reset during kernel initialization when
> ACPI is enabled on an HP Omnibook 6100.  The error message flies by so
> quickly that I cannot even read it.
>
> Has there been any progress towards a solution?  What can I do to
> help?

If ACPI is broken for you, try setting debug.acpi.disable in
/boot/loader.conf.

Read acpi(4) manpage for more info on this. When all else fails, try
disabling "bus" or "children". Oh, and please report to this mailinglist
what works. Be sure to try all of 'em (maybe one of the driver
subsystems is faulty).

Cheers,
Emiel
--
Broad-mindedness, n.:
	The result of flattening high-mindedness out.