Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 14:47:23 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        Rodolfo Heitor Gevaerd de Faria <rodolfo@ravel.ufrj.br>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppbus broken in 3.1-RELEASE

I just wanted to add to my previous post:  I did do this with an
early version of 3.1-STABLE, and my HP printer still did not work properly.
Itowrked better, but not perfectly.

However, it does work with more recent versions of 3.1-STABLE.  Before
the lpt driver was completely removed, I used it with success.

> ^ I had the same problem upgrading 2.2.8S->3.1R. The problem appears to be
> ^ in the line:
> ^
> ^ device          ppc0    at isa? port? tty irq 7
> ^                                      ^^^^^
> ^ If "tty" is changed to "net" (as it was in GENERIC, if I remember) then
> ^ printer begins print some garbage ... Check that this flag is indeed
> ^ "tty", should work perfectly after that.
>
> That seems to be problem.
> It is working fine now.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ^
> ^       Regards,                Gubarev Fedor.
> ^
>

>         Rodolfo H G Faria
>        <rodolfo@ravel.ufrj.br>

Stephen Montgomery-Smith              stephen@math.missouri.edu