Date:      Fri, 23 May 2014 15:53:18 +0200
From:      Patrick Zwickl <patrick.zwickl@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dummynet pipe cascades

Dear all,

I am currently experimenting with ipfw dummynet features (coming rather =
from the netem tc corner; so being new to dummynet and apologise for =
these kind of questions) and was wondering how to syntactically achieve =
"build cascades of pipes=94 listed on [1]=92s front page. Unfortunately, =
I could not find a minimal example for this in the documentation (or I =
missed the point).

Background: I am currently looking for concepts allowing me to put some =
traffic into a pipe being followed by several queues, the scheduler and =
then reinserted into another pipe (optimally as clean as possible). So, =
basically, a cascade of pipes, optimally being able to consume from =
different other pipes or interfaces. =46rom the statement in [1], I =
assume ipfw + dummynet could be the perfect playground for this, but =
from the syntax it was not clear to me how this is done.

Any pointer to a minimal example or any reading recommendation would be =
highly appreciated (maybe I have been searching the wrong channels so =
far). Thanks in advance for reading and potentially commenting :)

Best regards,
Patrick

[1] http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/dummynet/#3d2a=