Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2001 11:34:14 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cluster software: consider bproc

For those of you still looking at cluster stuff: I'd take a close look at
www.scyld.com and see what they have. The key piece is bproc, which is now
a sourceforge open source project set up by Erik Hendriks. You might want
to look at bproc and see if that API could be implemented in FreeBSD.

The Scyld cluster model results in clean, easily managed clusters. I've
just brought up a 128-node Alpha cluster here with Scyld. You set up the
front end and you're done.

Even more fun, we're booting the first level out of FLASH via LinuxBIOS.
I'd still like to see FreeBSD boot out of flash too, but don't have the
time -- I'd be happy to work with interested parties though.

ron