Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 1996 08:35:25 -0600
From:      Darren Davis <darrend@novell.com>
To:        matt@bdd.net, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 on Current - Reply

>>> Matthew Stein <matt@bdd.net>  9/ 4  5:51pm >>>

The current X312E binaries avialable on ftp.freebsd.org are now out of
date, and expire.  Some of us require the betas, and can *almost* use the
new F binaries available on ftp.xfree86.org.

I say almost, because is built with libc.so.2.2, which is no longer in
current.  The X312E binaries in
ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/XFree86/2.2-CURRENT/XF86312E worked fine,
but
are out of date now.

Are there plans to replace these binaries with ones that will run without

the compat21 options?  Or, am I just missing something?

I just ran into this problem myself.  Worse yet, I think the 3.1.2F binary
may have problems since I am getting strange artifacts on the screen.
I am interested in any solutions to this as well.

Darren