Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 1997 17:29:53 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De, andreas@klemm.gtn.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current is currently really a mess (was: Re: Tk/Tcl broken(?))

Satoshi Asami stands accused of saying:

> And as Andreas and Steve P. (among others) pointed out, it is simply
> just a matter of effictive use of their time.  I'd rather see fsmp
> commit in /sys than trying to fix up his tcl build by hand.

I don't want to sound like I'm coming down on anyone here, but if the
ports stuff was set up to be less intertwingled with the base system,
this wouldn't be so much of an issue.

> With the same argument about -current moving faster and faster, it's
> going to be harder and harder to catch the longer we let it run ahead
> of us.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you should let it run away
completely, but on the other hand it's not worth killing yourselves
trying to track -current very closely, especially as it's going to get
a lot worse before it gets any better.