Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 95 16:30:59 GMT-0500
From:      Mark Imbriaco <mark@taliesin.ip.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP!  (Installing 2.0)

Here's the situation:  Install works fine up until I try and grab the
bindist off of a machine with ftp.  The interface gets setup correctly
(as far as I can tell), and ftp tries to make a connection, but hangs
right after the username prompt.  I can telnet out from /bin/sh on the
box, but the connection seems very jerky and sporadic, even over local
ethernet.  I am able to ping any machine on my local ethernet, and am
able to ping the machine that is trying to have FreeBSD installed on it,
but I still can't get ftp to work properly.

Any clues, suggestions, or advice?

-Mark Imbriaco