Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 1998 09:53:55 -0600 (CST)
From:      Allan Alford <aa@thinkwell.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100

I'm using Model B, per the FAQ's advice.
It's configured as device fxp0.

The kernel recognizes it, and network functionality
seems to be in place.  However, the following errors
occur:

At bootup:

fxp0: warning: unsupported PHY, type=7, addr=1

Also, after the first bootup after installation
(I booted to DOS to configure it first), my clock
suddenly lept ahead by 2 years!  I got to do some
unplanned Year 2000 testing this morning.  On the
reboot, the problem went away.

Another error, possibly related, is that my CAP
bootup now gives and RPC error about localhost.

Any ideas?

- allan

                aa@thinkwell.com
<<< "Hacking today for a better tomorrow..." >>>
                  aa@jump.net