Date:      Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:42:43 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Drew Broadley <drew@corrupt.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: D-Link DWL-650 Wireless PC Card RevP

On 7 Jul 2004 at 19:01, Drew Broadley wrote:

> paul@rettersen.de wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >i have a problem with my D-Link DWL-650 RevP PC Card on my 5.x-current.=
 After putting the in i have the following message on my monitor:

> >wi0: <D-Link DWL-650 Wireless PC Card RevP> at port 0x400 -0x407f irq 1=
1 function 0 config 1 on pccard0
> >wi0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> >wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won=B4t clear.
> >:init failed
> >device_attach: wi0 attach returned 6
> >
> >According to the hardware_list - the current version supports this card=
 - where could be the problem?

> >I tried NDIS as well, but after "kldload ndis.ko" and "kldload if_ndis.=
ko" I have the same message as above and no "ndis0"-interfaces in addition=
.

> >Anyone any idea?
> >Thanks in advance
> >-paul
> >

> Have you done the following ?
>
> In /boot/loader.conf
>
> hw.cbb.start_memory=3D"0x20000000"
> hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=3D1

The second line was needed for my 5.2.1-RELEASE box and an em0 card.
I found the first line wasn't needed, but didn't appear to do any
harm either.  Also, I understand the need for
hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range has recently been removed, and so
should not be needed in recent -CURRENT.

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/