Date:      Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:20:31 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WWW Mirrors

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 03:32:00AM -0400, Ken Smith wrote:
>=20
> It looks like I'll be coordinating the www mirror sites too.
[snip]

That would be great indeed! :)  Thanks a lot for the work you've done
so far!

> As far as I can tell the only place that the www mirrors are mentioned
> at all is the pull-down list on the top-level page of the freebsd.org
> Web site itself.  It doesn't seem like it's following any particular
> standard for how things are laid out - some sections map www3 to USA/3
> for example but other sections don't.  The USA listing actually mixes
> in sites not in the USA.  There are hosts listed that are not in
> freebsd.org namespace, etc...
[snip]
> And I'll start recording site contact info at the point I add them
> in.  As far as I can tell nobody did that before.

Actually, there is another place where the website mirrors are listed:
the 'Resources on the Internet' handbook chapter,
doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources/chapter.sgml
A month or two ago I had an idea about adding contact/maintainer info to
this chapter, similar to the way maintainers are listed for the CVSup
and FTP sites in the 'Mirrors' chapter, but I never quite followed up on
that.  Party on! :)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
I had to translate this sentence into English because I could not read the =
original Sanskrit.

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0--