Date:      Sun, 23 May 2021 21:53:23 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi via desktop <desktop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        desktop@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   lightdm maintainership

Hi all!

Recently maintainership for lightdm ports has been put back to the pool
for personal reasons.

I am keeping the xfce ports updated it is an optional dependency of the
xfce port and a common choice for a display manager.  In fact it is what
I usually suggest if asked about it.

I have been thinking of taking maintainership as myself or as xfce@ for
x11/lightdm and x11/lightdm-gtk-greeter since I use them and they are a
common choice for xfce and I use them.

Before doing this I thought, since I bet they are a common choice for
other desktop environment users as well, if it would be more appropriate
to assign them to desktop@. Any thought on this?

Also I can't remember rules for implicit approval to desktop@maintainer
ports. Are people from kde@ xfce@ gnome@ (etc.) automatically included?

--