Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 2014 00:48:59 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>, "FreeBSD. org clusteradm" <clusteradm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Testing a VIMAGE enabled kernel in the FreeBSD cluster

--nextPart2883051.GbN4LVqWQt

On Thursday, November 20, 2014 12:27:46 AM Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I submitted this RFC to enable VIMAGE in the GENERIC kernel config
> on January 5, 2015:
>=20
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2014-November/016282=
.html
>=20
> I'm not receiving any major opposition from the idea.
>=20
> It's a tight schedule, but what is the possibility that we could upgr=
ade
> one of the PF firewalls with a VIMAGE kernel sometime in the next 6 w=
eeks,
> and test this out.  I would be interested in testing the following,
> *not* in a vnet jail, on bare metail:
>=20
>  (1)  the PF ruleset in the FreeBSD cluster
>  (2)  IPv6
>  (3)  any other heavy duty network-y stuff that the FreeBSD cluster u=
ses,
>        which may not have been heavily tested by developers.

We have another problem to solve first.  IPv6 doesn't work on the firew=
alls=20
sometime after Oct 3rd and they were rolled back after the refresh fail=
ed=20
spectacularly.

Just to be clear though, you're asking for 'options VIMAGE' with no oth=
er=20
changes, right?

=2D-=20
Peter Wemm - peter@wemm.org; peter@FreeBSD.org; peter@yahoo-inc.com; KI=
6FJV
UTF-8: for when a ' or ... just won\342\200\231t do\342\200\246