Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:51:25 PST
From:      "Jerry Lei" <tylei@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   about  X server

Hi, after I stop the xdm and try to launch X by using login script(startx in
.shrc), now I can see the fvwm. But there is a message displayed on xterm.

"fatal server error:
server is already active for display 0. If this server is no longer running,
remove /tmp/.X0-loook and start again."

after I use ctrl+alt+backspace left fvwm, the error message shows on tty0.

"xhost xx0: bad hostname
xhost xx1: bad hostname
xterm fatal IO error 32(broken pipe) or KillClient on x server ":0.0"
xterm fatal IO error 32(broken pipe) or KillClient on x server ":0.0"
x connection to :0.0 broken
x init: connection to X server lost"

I set my DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0, xx0 and xx1 are my two unix hosts name. the
message seems my x server is crashed. What's wrong? What should I do to
bring back my x server. Thanks.

Lei