Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 22:02:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Raistrick <keen@damoe.wireless-isp.net>
To:        kmays <kmays@email.msn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD v4.1R on laptops

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, kmays wrote:

> Has anyone sat down and tested loading FreeBSD v4.1
> on IBM Thinkpads and other laptops?? I was looking into

I installed 4.1-20000901-STABLE on a dps electronics AMD K6 300, as well
as a Compaq Contura 400c (486dx25..).

the dps is having some pcmcia problems...it appears that pccardd doesnt
notice when cards are inserted or removed.  Works fine on the
Contura.  (at the same time, the previous user of the dps mentioned that
he had trouble when inserting removing the cards under windows...so it is
likely a hardware problem.)

I could /not/ use the 9/1/2k /floppies images for install, though. (ftp)

They refused to talk to the (intel etherexpress 10/100) pccmcia lan
card.  The 4.1-R images had no such problem.  Wierd.

....david
--
David Raistrick		Digital Wireless Communications
davidr@dwcinet.com