Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:20:34 -0800
From:      Soren Kristensen <soren@soekris.com>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_fxp - the real point

Sorry everybody, I have to express my opinion now.

Dennis, it seems like that you keep repeating yourself here....
And you keep being wrong. As a hardware designer myself, I can
assure you that there is no connection between hardware quality
and level of documentation.

And having fought with Intel getting documentation myself on other
parts, I have long time ago decided to only use Intel parts if I
really have to, just like more and more engineers decides.

Most other vendors, incl the best ones, don't have any problem
releasing full documentation.

Intel just don't get it, they had had that arrogant attitude for
years, and now that they don't own the PC market anymore, they're
going to pay for it.

Regards,

Soren

And btw, this discussion really should be taken somewhere else, so
don't expect any follow ups from me here.