Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:14:05 -0500
From:      "webmaster" <webmaster@donfishback.com>
To:        "Dimitris 'sehh' Michelinakis" <sehh@altered.com>, <freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: kern/31660: Tyan TigerMP (dual Athlon) mobo causes SMP kernel to freeze.

This is probably not a bug.  I had the same problem.  The system is probably
overheating.  I have the same system.  The 460 Watt power supply and the
design of the board run very hot.  It also does not have an on board
thermometer.  I added a blower in the pci slot closest to the processors and
the problem stopped.

My problem only occurred when running both processors.  I did not have the
problem when I ran a single processor kernal.

Since adding the blower, I have not had any problems.  And the blower feels
almost as hot as a blow dryer on low heat.

Hope this solves your problem.
Michael