Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 1997 16:04:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Tracy Phillips <tphilips@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-install@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with no bootable partion

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Tracy Phillips wrote:

> I then select q and select my packages and where i want them installed.
> Every thing appears to go fine until i try to boot from System Commander
> (which i have also used before). I get "No Bootable Partition".
>
> Now back hat the disk labeler thing should i make the FreeBSD partition
> Active by pushing s or will this interfere with my other operating
> systems.

Sysinstall does get slightly confused when installing to a disk other than
the first in the system.

What you need to do to fix it is to boot using a DOS boot floppy, run
fdisk, and reset the active partition to one on your first disk.

> At the Boot selctor options i have tried them all and none seems to
> work.

If sysinstall wasn't broken, you would have overwritten system commander
with this option.  :(  Definitely set it to "none"!

> What is the exact syntax that i need to use to boot from the floopy
> dirve? i have tried this but it gives me a syntax wrong or something to
> that effect.

wd(1,a)/kernel

> Also of note to whoever reads this i am starting to mess around with
> some HTML and have a FreeBSD Page starting to Brew. It is at:
>
>         http://www.netten.net/~tphilips

I'll take a look at it.