Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 07:27:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mouse on drugs

>From: dochawk@psu.edu
>Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 10:15:50 -0400

>> >which xfree? the mouse daemon and Xfree4 don't get along well--set
>> >XFree to talk directly to /dev/psaux, and disable moused.

>> That has not been my experience.

>> I'm running XF86-4.0.3 on my laptop (under both FreeBSD 4.3-S & 5.0-C).

>It's early, and I may still be confused :)

I s'pose "earliness" is somewhat subjective....  :-)

>The problem may be specific to the A2* series of thinkpads.

Ah; now *that* is a distinct possibility.

>But it's nothing compared to the
>problems with xf86cfg, which bring down the kernel . . .

?  Hmmm...  Again, that was not my experience (though I only run XF86-4
on my own laptop, which is not a ThinkPad of any kind).  But I used
xf86cfg to configure XF86-4, since my screen resolution was non-standard
(1400x1050), and the graphical config program choked & died.

Cheers,
david (who's been up for ~3 hrs. so far today; built today's -STABLE....)
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.