Date:      Sat, 8 Sep 2001 20:17:49 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Floppy disks section

--e+JRL32uBeeWnrD4

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 07:28:46PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
> (I've just subscribed to this list, so hi all!)
>=20
> I've written a little section for the handbook about floppy disks. This
> section was missing, and I wanted to use stressed floppy disks. It was
> hard to me to guess that, so I wrote my notes in a little howto. Well,
> it explains how FreeBSD treats floppies, how to use them, lowformat,
> filesystems and all of this.

Great.

> It is now written in plain ascii... Is the handbook written in SGML?
> Where can I learn about that? When I've "translated" it to SGML, I'll
> post it here, so you can judge it.

The Primer, at

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/

should cover everything you need to know.  Let us know if there's
anything that's confusing or unclear in there.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--e+JRL32uBeeWnrD4

--e+JRL32uBeeWnrD4--