Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:21:07 -0800
From:      Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MGR and libvgl

Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl> stands accused of saying:

> Now, its libbitblit supports only 320x200x256 and 640x480x2 modes (except
> some other extended modes on Trident cards). I wonder what would it take
> to use our libvgl instead of that somewhat antiquated library. Can I use
> other resolutions (at least 640x480x256) with libvgl?

 This doesn't help you now, but I am writing VESA VBE code that will
provide you with all of the standard VESA modes provided by your
card's BIOS. I plan on integrating the VESA code into the console
system, simply because anything else causes lots of evil problems. :(
  Expect stuff to appear in about 2 months or so. It's not that it's
overly complex, but rather that I don't have much time to devote to
it. *sigh*

  Soren wants to see it merged into libvgl -- I would prefer to replace
libvgl with something more robust at the same time.
   Hmm.. Maybe I should start work on a 'better libvgl' immediatly,
so that the API can affirm itself before I get the VESA VBE code
online?

--
Jonathan Mini
(j_mini@efn.org)

 "A child of five could understand this! Quick -- Fetch me a child of five."