Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:08:17 PDT
From:      "Jason La" <jasonla_@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Suggestions for Documentation

To Whom it May Concern,

I am a newbie (that's why I'm in this group). I have some suggestions to
whomever might write FBSD documentation.

As a newbie, it took a while for me to understand what a "server" was. I
started out thinking that it was a physical machine. I didn't find any place
that explained to me what a software server was.. like the X Server...
SUGGESTION: Please take the time to explain some basic background or
understanding so you doin't loose us.

Also, I initially didn't know where to find files that docs and books
referred to. For example, in Grey Lehay's Complete FreeBSD, he refers to
xinitrc, but never told me where to find it. Being a newbie, it's difficult
for me to know where to find stuff and what the hierarchy of FreeBSD is.

I had more, but can't remember them at the momment.

Hoever, keeping things in prosective, you guys are writing stuff that I can
get for free, and I can't do any better a job, so thanks guy!

Thanks,
Jason La
jasonla_@hotmail.com