Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:14:28 -0600
From:      "Jeffrey S. Sharp" <jss@subatomix.com>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DiskOnChip and PicoBSD in General

I've been recently thrown into the embedded development world, which has
proven to be quite interesting.  I've used FreeBSD before (but not
currently and not as an embedded OS), but only discovered PicoBSD
tonight.  WOW.  It would sure beat having to use ROM-DOS (shudder) in my
company's upcoming new project!  I have some questions:

1. It looks like FreeBSD (and thus PicoBSD, I assume) has integrated
support for M-Systems DiskOnChip products as of 3.3.  Can one configure
PicoBSD to boot off of one?

2. I found info for making PicoBSD floppies, but not any for making ROM
images -- other than the fact that you can.  Where might I find out how
to do this?

3. What kind of boot image will need to be made for a M-Systems
DiskOnChip?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

--
Jeffrey S. Sharp
jss@subatomix.com