Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:51:40 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        manee <radwasteus@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: man page: tcpdump option

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 01:15:07AM -0700, manee wrote:
> hi sirs,
>=20
> apologize me if i posted to the wrong list.

No, -doc is the right list for this type of questions/problem reports.

[snip]
>        and/or with the -b flag, which causes it to
> read from  a  saved  packet
[snip]
> i try -b file and got error but -r file give me a good
> result.

Yes, this was indeed an error in the tcpdump manual page.  It was
corrected in their products, and the fixed version was merged into
FreeBSD -CURRENT by Bill Fenner 5 months ago as part of an unrelated
update.  Apparently, the multi-DLT support (the main reason for the fix)
has not been merged into -STABLE yet.

I have CC'd this message to Bill Fenner; Bill, do you plan on MFC'ing
the DLT support, or should this particular typo be fixed independently
in -STABLE's tcpdump manual page?

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
The rest of this sentence is written in Thailand, on

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--