Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 15:24:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IP bugs in FreeBSD 2.1.5

ACK!

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I'm about as much a non-release engineer as Jordan is a non-FreeBSD hacker.
> > You aren't the only person who has ever been a release engineer, Jordan.
> > Please watch the petty and snide remarks.
>
> Sorry, but I guess it's easy to be petty and snide with someone whom I
> consider to be "the Charles Hannum" of FreeBSD.

	Whoa! Where did this come from? Now, I concede that there was a 3
month period in the last what 5, 6 years ( has it been that long since
386BSD? ) where i have not been subscribed to hackers. But unless there
was a MAJOR discontinuity that started the day i unsubscribed ( my wife
made me! ) and ended the day i resubscribed, i have not seen anything
publicly emitted by Joe to rate the serious crankmiester rating u seemed
to have promoted him to!

	I cant figure out for the life of me how the relationship between
the two of you has gotten so sideways! I have never gotten the sense that
either of you are that unreasonable. Is there some sort of off line
nastygrams and vitupero-mail going back and forth? I certainly hope not.

	This looks totally incomprehensible from my vantage point :-(

	Jordan' spost tend to be a little bit funnier, on average but i
cant say that i have not reaped a lot of knowledge from the both of you
over the years!

> 						Jordan

	Is there any going back to a more positive footing?

tnx!

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life