Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 06:54:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scanner <scanner@webspan.net>
To:        Joe McGuckin <joe@via.net>
Cc:        danny@panda.hilink.com.au, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP extensions breaking TCP.

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Joe McGuckin wrote:

> I've seen the enabled TCP extensions hang with SCO.

More than likely its because the vendor's are not implementing the
extensions right and/or not sticking to the RFC's. Theres a way to prove
this from a FreeBSD box running 2.1+ . I beliece 2.1 is when T/TCP went
in. It can be shown at least in one OS's implementation that it is not
implemented right. The easy way to tell is to finger the machine thats
having problems most of the time if the extensions are not implemented
right or are broke, the finger will freak out and close before any info is
gained.

--

===================================| Webspan Inc., ISP Division.
  FreeBSD 2.1.5 is available now!  | Phone: 908-367-8030 ext. 126