Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 15:26:05 -0500
From:      lambert@cswnet.com
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   What happenned to the INN-1.7.2 port??

Hey guys,

I just almost had my new news system ready to roll with INN 1.7.2 on
3.1-19990218-STABLE.

I needed to change a config option and recompile but the INN port is now
CVSupped to INN-2.2 and there is now an INN-STABLE but it's 2.2-stable.

Enough stuff has changed in INN 2.2 that my Managing USENET book doesn't
help much.  Can I readd the old INN-1.7.2 port as maybe INN-1.7.2 in my
ports tree somehow?  Or do I get to go back to the 19990218-SNAP of
-STABLE?

Do I need to not follow -STABLE for production machines?  I was hoping
following -STABLE would improve the stability/security of my production
machines.  It's bit me in the *** twice this week.  I started trying to
keep -STABLE last week after thinking about it for several months before.

Maybe tracking -STABLE requires that you have several years of *nix admin
experience?  I have about six months experience.

Thanks in advance,
Scott Lambert