Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 1996 22:52:31 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman)
Cc:        jmb@freefall.freebsd.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tcl -- what's going on here.

> <<On Wed, 19 Jun 1996 10:19:40 -0700 (PDT), "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org> said:
>
> > 	from what jordan wrote, it seems that bmak'ing these programs is
> > 	an arduous task that no one is eager to take on.  at least some of
> > 	those that have been doing it are tiring of the process.
>
> That is certainly what is being suggested, but I must confess to not
> understanding it.  Writing a Makefile for a large program or set of
> programs is a pain, yes.  It is substantially less of a pain when
> using the Berkeley macros.  In any case, it is something that only has
> to be done /once/.

My opinion:
I prefer bmaked variant, of course.
If not bmaked, lets stay in GNU Configure strategy and modify *.mk
to accomodate it.

BUT... UUENCODED TARBALL IN THE SOURCES is definitely a big pain for
my modem and must be removed! Lets sources be sources really.
First of all, I doubt I can eat 2Mb as one big piece.
Moreover, I expect the same big pain in future versions upgrades, each
delta will be 2Mb again. Since I don't use TCL, it looks for me like
2Mb of junk EACH TIME! I accept any strategy, but please, untar
this tarball.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -