Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 13:50:34 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>
Cc:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MGR and libvgl

Jonathan Mini wrote:

>   Soren wants to see it merged into libvgl -- I would prefer to replace
> libvgl with something more robust at the same time.
>    Hmm.. Maybe I should start work on a 'better libvgl' immediatly,
> so that the API can affirm itself before I get the VESA VBE code
> online?

I'm sort of working of that, but I got distracted by classes (and some
ports).

The idea is to use a vesa.h for the low level mouse-keyboard-graphic
support and have vgl and Allegro work on top of that. I am planning to
use the headers from OS/2's VESA package (for emx), so that we can also
port their graphic libraries. I have their API here and it seems good
for my purposes: I dream of porting some DOS-like packages to fullscreen
FreeBSD :-).

I hadn't thought of MGR, but I'll have to take a look at their library
because libvgl didn't behave well on my card :(

cheers,
	Pedro.