Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 06:48:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        caseq@sharks.kylmedia.fi (Andrew Kosyakov)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wanted best serail board 8-16 port

Andrew Kosyakov wrote:
>   Hi!
>
> Quoting John Hart:
> > > I have tried boca bb1004 card.
> [skipped]
> > fixed that and our Boca runs great now.
> I wonder, does anyone use boca bb1004 or bb1008 for plugging in dialup modems,
You have seen the reason why not.  The 8 port boards do not have modem
control signals which you MUST have to run modems at any decent speed.
I belive that the 4 ports do, and know that the 6 and 16 do.  I would just
stay away from the 8 port boards.

Gary
--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team