Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:33:11 +0200
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@alkar.net>
To:        null@1system.ru
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MPD in dynamic

Dennis S. Davidoff wrote:
> I have a *little* quastion to programmers about mpd.
> I have alot of _dynamic_ users in FreeRadius (there's alot of users
> rotations with their ip-addresses). I know there's no dynamic bundles
> and links in mpd, so have anyone time and insterest to make this feature?
 > I work now on perl script that realizes this one, but this is bad
idea I think.

Yes, there are no dynamic bundles and links in mpd. But I think you can
use mpd fine without dynamic bundles and links. You can add in config
files one link and one bundle for each client connection (for each
modem). Then you can use RADIUS for authorization and assigning
ip-adresses to clients.

Only one thing that you can't do this way is a multilink server.
Multilink server really require dynamic link to bundle assignment. And
this is really problem now.

--
Alexander Motin mav@alkar.net
ISP Alkar-Teleport