Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:49:46 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Commercial Tripwire available for Linux, not FreeBSD

At 10:37 PM 2/25/99 , Drew Baxter wrote:
>At 10:25 PM 2/25/99 , Brett Glass wrote:
>>At 07:45 PM 2/25/99 -0600, David Kelly wrote:
>>
>>>Checking their homepage there is mention of deficiencies in Tripwire
>>>1.2: http://www.tripwiresecurity.com/products/ASR1_3.html
>>>
>>>Naming, "Tripwire v1.3 Academic Source Release" sounds much like
>>>something "for educators only" but it appears one would have to
>>>download it to find out. Clicking on download it asks me to register
>>>without telling me what I'm registering for or what they will do with
>>>this registration information.
>>
>>Looks like Anne Nonymous should register and download a copy. ;-)
>
>Privacy statement: In the following survey, we ask for your name and other
>information only for purposes of corresponding with you about your ideas on
>improving the Tripwire line of products. We do not sell, trade, or disclose
>any of this information to any other party (except to law enforcement upon
>presentation of a valid subpoena).
>
>Looks like it does to me.
>
>http://www.tripwiresecurity.com/cgi-bin/transfer.cgi?prod=ids1.3unix.tar.gz
>[Source]
>
>Here you go.

DOH sorry. That whines bout cookies.

http://www.tripwiresecurity.com/file_ftp/tripwire-1.30-1.tar.gz

There ya go :) Sorry bout that.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange, Bangor Maine USA
http://www.droo.orland.me.us

PGP DSS/1024 Public Key ID: 0x409A1F7D