Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2016 11:58:58 +0200
From:      Roland van Laar <roland@micite.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg audit and port upgrades

Hello Community,

My question: How do I know if a vulnerable port has had an update?

I get daily emails from pkg audit telling me about vulnerabilities in my
ports.
Today it was curl, but the latest curl hasn't yet had an update.

I update the ports tree and rebuild my ports.
Only to notice during the build that it stops the build because the port
is still vulnerable.

=> Please update your ports tree and try again.
=> Note: Vulnerable ports are marked as such even if there is no update
available.
=> If you wish to ignore this vulnerability rebuild with 'make
DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes'
*** Error code 1

Is there a way to know before I build my ports to know if there is a
vulnerability?

Regards,

Roland van Laar