Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 15:50:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      eagle <eagle@eagle.phc.igs.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy web pages

On Sun, 9 May 1999, eagle wrote:

> On Sun, 9 May 1999, Bill Fumerola wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 9 May 1999, Jim Mock wrote:
> >
> > > Well, once the backend is finished, alot of the HTML (the gallery, the
> > > user groups list, etc.) will be generated on-the-fly by various
> > > scripts, etc., from a database.  I don't know how many people would
> > > want to have postgres installed along w/apache-php3 to mirror the
> > > FreeBSD site if it was part of the main cvs tree.
> >
> > What do we need to store in a database that hasn't already worked when
> > stored in a flatfile and then parsed?
> >
> > The mirrors already don't mirror our cgis, yet we keep them in the
> > repository.
> >
> > Oh well, this seems like an upwards battle and I'm to busy to fight it. I
> > still strongly object to a solution which breaks our development model.
>
> O.K. Nobody is trying to fight a battle here. None of us that are working
> on the advocacy site object to having the site in the cvs tree, as it
> would be easier to get people to work with us on it. The real problem
> quite simply is this.
>
> Neither Jim Mock or myself have access to freefall
>
> so then to make a change to the site we would have to bug/harrass somebody
> with commit priviliges to get it done. Neither Jim or I would be happy
> with such an arrangement.
>
> So if somebody finally wants to break down and give Jim access to
> freefall, come on I know you guys gotta be getting tired of updating his
> ports .. blatant plug for jim
>
> perhaps we could do this and end this discussion about it.
>
> Rob Garrett

Oh one more thing, while I'm on a roll and in the mood to argue/discuss
this stuff, is there a chance we could get the advocacy related pr's sent
to advocacy?

It doesnt make much sense to update stuff in several different places, so
lets get the information to the people that want to do somthing with it..

Rob