Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 08:51:18 -0800
From:      Shill <fake@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: CVSup of ports-all except localized ports

>> I use CVSup to track the ports collection.
>>
>> $ cat cvsupfile
>> *default  host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
>> *default  base=/usr
>> *default  prefix=/usr
>> *default  release=cvs
>> *default  tag=none
>> *default  delete use-rel-suffix
>>
>> *default tag=.
>> ports-all
>>
>> However I have no interest in tracking the localized ports such as
>> chinese, french, german, hebrew, japanese, korean, russian and
>> vietnamese. How can I specify: track all ports EXCEPT localized
>> ports? Must I resort to a refuse file?

> No, see the example file in /usr/share/examples/cvsup

Thanks for the pointer, Kris.

If I am not mistaken, there are two ways to achieve my goal. The
first is to explicitly state all the ports I want to track. The
second is to use a refuse file to accept everything *except* what's
in the refuse file. Am I correct?

Is it OK to remove the localized ports? Is there a clean way to do
it? After a straight forward "rm -rf" make index complains several
times it can't find the nkf port in japanese.

Also, I'm just curious, where did user with ID 569 go? :)

Thanks to all of you!

Shill