Date:      Sun, 03 Jan 1999 06:43:19 -0700
From:      Tod Morrison <tod.morrison@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SoundBlaster 128

The pcm driver works nicely, except for that the module doesn't register
if there are not any isa devices (? - I don't really understand the
problem, I just found a patch in the mailing list archives to fix it ).
Actually, I wound up applying the changes by hand since the driver has
evolved since the original posting of the patch.  Tring to get my PCI128
to work nearly drove me insane till I found that post. "es1" and "pcm1"
were showing up at boot, but /dev/sndstat etc... kept returning "device
not configured".

Tod Morrison