Date:      03 Feb 1999 01:34:41 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lets Endorse KDE Was: some slashdot thread

"Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com> writes:
> Just to toss my personal red cents in...  (hey, doesn't everbody?)
>
> I'm a twm person.  I'm playing with ctwm now to see what I can do with
> it.  I love it.  It's lightweight, has basically every feature I want and
> a lot I don't.
>
> On the flip side, it DOES take a bit of work to set it up the way you
> want, and the defaults suck like an intern.  If we had to make a new
> 'default X wm/etc', my vote would have to be for fvwm. [...]

Actually, fvwm2 is less memory-hungry than twm, and has a lot more
features. Don't even consider fvwm; it has no advantage over fvwm2,
and its configuration syntax is very messy.

Check out the fvwm2 configuration (and accompanying snapshot) I
mentioned in a previous message.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no