Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:16:44 +1100
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha 500au

At 17:31 13/02/2002, Wilkinson,Alex sent this up the stick:
>Howdy crew,
>
>I am about to install FreeBSD 4.5 on an Alpha 500au.
>
>I am just wondering if anyone knows if I could put a Matrox
>Dual Headed video card in an Alpha 500au ?
>
>It does not have a AGP slot so I'm hoping Matrox make a PCI
>Dual Headed Video cards.
>
>Does anyone know if an Alpha 500au PCI Bus is a i386 Industry
>Standard ?

First up, make sure you have the latest SRM from
ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/Digital/Alpha/firmware/readmes/digitalpw.html

You'll have a hard time finding a Dual-headed Matrox card for a PCI bus,  I
have a PWS 500au as well, and I have a Matrox Millenium II which works
fine.  Some people have reported success with the Voodoo3, Voodoo5 and ATI
Radeon cards.  These were under Linux, and I have no idea if FreeBSD should
be any different.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Though it all looks different now, I know it's still the same...

[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian
This is random quote 1020 of a collection of 1204