Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:53:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Erik Moe <ehm@concentric.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAMify amd0(Tekram DC390 and other AMD 53c974 cards)

Hi, Erik- I used some of your concepts from the 1020 driver in the
conjoint ISP 2X00/1XXX driver that's FreeBSD/NetBSD (and there's a linux
version too...)- thinks for the neat idea about quickly figuring out the
number of in/out mailbox registers to use for a particular command.

If this is the 53c974, this really could be a conjoint  ESP100 - 53c974 -
FAS266 driver, couldn't it? Basically this is chip core is plunked right
into the middle of the 10X0 which then wraps a risc processor aroundit.

I'd love to see a newer driver using this (I did the SunOS/Solaris esp
driver)- particularly if it had a micro state machine to (quickly) manage
all the 7-10 interrupts/command that you have to do...

I haven't the bandwidth to really drive any of this, but I'd be glad to
provide testing and even equipment resources (maybe you can slogin into
feral- maybe we can make this work on FreeBSD/alpha as a good proof of
concept)...?