Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 09:03:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        me@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        muck@ida.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Page fault response from OSS

Hi,

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Michael Elbel wrote:

> Hmm. I'm running -current from yesterday and don't have much luck with
> OSS. The system wedges so hard I have to reset it, can't even get into the
> kernel debugger. Using my trusty old original Gravis Ultrasound this would
> happen immediately after starting e.g. x11amp.

I also see these lockups with the latest OSS sound driver from their website.
If I try and run xquake, the machine wedges hard requiring a hard reset.  If
I play some mp3 songs, I can play about 5-6 songs, then X locks up (this is
with x11amp).  I can still remotely get to the machine, but the X display
(local) is useless at this point, and the machine has to be reset remoetely.

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Storage Networking Group