Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:27:05 -0400
From:      Khachaturov Vassilii <Vassilii.Khachaturov@comverse.com>
To:        "'Hiroki Sato'" <hrs@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: about delta generated by cvsweb

> <URI:http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/release/doc/en_
> US.ISO8859-1/relnotes/common/new.sgml.diff?r1=1.22.2.249.2.10&
> r2=1.22.2.249.2.11>.
>
>  The first line of the second chunk includes "options HZ=1000...",
>  but this part does not appear when simply using cvs diff.

The @... chunk you are referring to is a product of the '-p' option passed
down to diff.
If you do a diff -up or cvs diff -up manually, you'll see it.
It comes in very handy to determine the context of the diff chunk.

From the cvsweb.conf:
# give out function names in diffs
# this just makes sense if we have C-files, otherwise
# diff's heuristic doesn't work well ..
# ( '-p' option to diff)
$showfunc = 1;

>  I think the part should not appear.  Is this a cvsweb's bug
>  or do I misunderstand something?

Suppress this option if you don't like it. Definitely not a bug.

Vassilii